New SharpCap 3.0 Beta Available

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

New SharpCap 3.0 Beta Available

Post by admin »

I've just uploaded a new beta build of SharpCap 3.0 (previously 2.10).

This build contains the normal raft of bug fixes and also a range of improvements such as improved startup speed, improved UI, splash screen, user manual, improvements to polar alignment, etc, etc, etc.

As usual, beta downloads can be found here : http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/down ... a-versions.

Don't forget that if you want to use iNova, Celestron, Imaging Source or Point Grey cameras you may need to also install the SharpCap Prerequisite installer to make those cameras show up. This is kept separate to avoid the main SharpCap installer needing to be 55Mb+...

I'm hoping (but not promising) that this will be the last beta build before the release of SharpCap 3.0.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: New SharpCap 3.0 Beta Available

Post by admin »

Updated build (3.0.3813) now uploaded which fixed a problem introduced in build 3811 that could cause crashes when capturing for some users. In trying to make the program start up faster I'd gone a little too far and sometimes the list of cameras attached cameras could be scanned before certain other components were ready which lead to the crash later on.

This new build is also available by auto-update.

I am hoping for a 3.0 release before the end of the month.

cheers,

Robin
pgn

Post by pgn »

Robin

Can you provide a new version of the license on the beta site. I may loose the ability to get a new copy, easily, for three weeks and wish to continue scripting 8-)

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,

actually a new license won't get you very far as the beta builds themselves will run out on April 30th - I'm planning on releasing 3.0 properly at the end of this month, so I'm not planning on any new beta builds before then.

Your best bet would probably to be to work with version 2.9 while you are 'off net' and then make any required changes for 3.0 when you are back online.

cheers,

Robin
pgn

Post by pgn »

Robin

Thanks - thought I had left 2.9 behind me so didn't even have the latest version; updated now. Looking forward to version 3.

Peter