Plans for SharpCap 3.2

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plans for SharpCap 3.2

Post by admin »

Ok, thanks for the feedback folks - I will take some time to digest it all and make sense of what can be fitted into the development of 3.2.

To answer a few specific questions

1) 64 bit SharpCap - more memory available easily - particularly important with people starting to use full frame 35 megapixel cameras for live stacking as running the live stacking code on those cameras takes a *lot* of memory. It might also be a touch faster in some areas.

2) Sharpening. I've done Unsharp Mask because it's easy, but I also have code for a technique called Weiner Deconvolution prepared. I have to be careful here because the sharpening (and other image processing) has to be run every time a new frame is added to the stack - that means that using slower processing methods like LR deconvolution is out.

cheers,

Robin
robrj

Post by robrj »

One thing that might be helpful to some is to put a contextual help for when Sharpcap detects problems. For example, when it warns you that the last 5 images haven't stacked, maybe a guided help pane could provide common suggestions for correcting the problem and be setting aware. So for instance if digital gain is off, maybe suggest adjusting it. It's nice to have something at hand to give hints when the problem occurs without having to search a forum while you're imaging.
Shirva

Post by Shirva »

Fantastic news robin, looking forward to the new features , like the suggestion from Chris on implementing curves,, good shout,,.
Looking forward to the introduction of DSLRs,,
Been eagerly awaited by myself and others,,
One question.
I'm going to using sharpcap pro with my zwo asi 178mc with f2.8 fd lens and use a dslr with a f1.2 fd lens,, will I be able to run the two from sharpcap at the same time.
Davy,,VAF
Heq5 pro, eq3 pro, allview,az gti,etx80, eq3,az3
Sw explorer 200p D's, ed80 pro, star travel 102 etx80
2 canon 600d, modded 450d, qhy 5ii c , Samsung scb2000, scb2001, watec 902h,Phil dyer camera.
Camfi
Eqmod,CDC, hitecastro focus, byeos, astrotoaster
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Davy,

one SharpCap can only run one camera, but you can run SharpCap twice without any problems.

cheers,

Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Could you add a command line parameter to select a camera and/or run a particular start-up script ?

Since you can run multiple instances, it would be helpful to have shortcuts that start up SharpCap connected to say a Polemaster or guidecam with the appropriate settings, without altering the imaging camera setup.

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oooh, I like that idea - thanks :)

Robin
robrj

Post by robrj »

admin wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:42 pm Hi Davy,

one SharpCap can only run one camera, but you can run SharpCap twice without any problems.

cheers,

Robin
Can they both be the same version? So just double click it again and it will bring up another instance? If I remember correctly, in the past it had to be two different major releases (e.g. 3.0 and 3.1).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can only have one build of SharpCap 3.1 installed at a time, but you can run the program more than once.

cheers,

Robin
Shirva

Post by Shirva »

So per the norm for using two cameras, and this will still work ok if one is a dslr,
I have a new portable set up,, skywatcher star adventurer
Twin bull heads one with zwo asi 178mc using a f2.8 fd lens and canon 600d using f1.2 fd lens so would be fantastic using one programme to run both..
Davy,
Heq5 pro, eq3 pro, allview,az gti,etx80, eq3,az3
Sw explorer 200p D's, ed80 pro, star travel 102 etx80
2 canon 600d, modded 450d, qhy 5ii c , Samsung scb2000, scb2001, watec 902h,Phil dyer camera.
Camfi
Eqmod,CDC, hitecastro focus, byeos, astrotoaster
pjwack

Post by pjwack »

These are all good adds for livestacking.
-would echo the ability for better control the histogram curves
-a gradient removal tool would be useful (although finer control over the histogram curves might largely solve for basic viewing purposes)
-having a zoom view of the histogram
-maybe an alert when the image has drifted by a certain number of pixels