Info/Help needed from SharpCap Pro users

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

Info/Help needed from SharpCap Pro users

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some info to help me improve the license recovery page on the SharpCap Pro sales website. At the moment you can get your license re-sent to you just by entering the email address you used to purchase it here - https://store.astrosharp.co.uk/Recovery. That's great but sometimes emails get blocked or delayed or treated as Spam. I'd like to be able to show the license in the browser, but doing that if you just enter an email address is insecure - I need to ask for some other information to confirm it's really the purchaser making the request.

My idea is to ask for part of the time (the minutes and seconds) from the paypal transaction. I have that time in my sales database and if you've bought SharpCap Pro then you have that time in your paypal confirmation email - it will look something like this
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.78 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
But, I need to check that the times that I receive from Paypal and store in my database exactly match those in the emails that get sent by paypal to buyers.... Otherwise it won't work!

So, if you have bought SharpCap Pro and have a moment, please look out the Paypal purchase confirmation email and send to me

* The date and time of the transaction as shown in the email
* The paypal email address you used to make the purchase.

PLEASE SEND THIS INFO BY PRIVATE MESSAGE - DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN REPLIES TO THIS POST!!!

thanks in advance,

Robin
dbunna2

Re: Info/Help needed from SharpCap Pro users

Post by dbunna2 »

Before I send the transaction number I'd like to ask if it should go to Admin and if you are the only person that can read the Admin email.

Tks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In answer

1) Yes, I'm the only one who can read the admin email
2) It's not the transaction number I want - it's the date above the transaction number. In the image above the '1 May 2017 17:43:28 BST'. Sadly the transaction numbers are useless to me as the one I get from Paypal doesn't match the one you get.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your assistance with this - the new license recovery page is now live and it should allow you to see the license in the browser as long as you have the information from your PayPal receipt email.

cheers,

Robin