Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

Something new in development...

Post by admin »

Just a teaser of what's coming up...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (71.33 KiB) Viewed 16001 times
(unfortunately there is still a lot of work to be done, but there is visible progress now)
cuivenion

Re: Something new in development...

Post by cuivenion »

Very nice. Is this for the next big release?
Rocket_Guy

Post by Rocket_Guy »

This will be FUN!!! Definitely something to look forward to.
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

Ooohhh, looking good - Robin, will you be publishing a list of the new features that you have included from all the suggestions?
thanks
Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

I plan for the sequencer and the still camera mode to be the main features of the next major version. I'm not going to make any promises yet on when that version will be available, even as a beta... I haven't made any decisions yet about the minor features to be included – I really want to get the big ones out of the way first.

The sequencer is just about workable at the moment, but there are bound to be bugs in individual steps and I'm not happy with the layout of the window yet. Additionally, at the moment it disables every other part of SharpCap when a sequence is running which is good from the point of view of preventing other actions from interfering with the sequence but it is a bit over restrictive. For instance I'd like the controls the only effect viewing the image to be available – like showing the histogram, adjusting the display stretch and so on. Of course that's much more complicated than just disabling everything…

The idea of having individual building blocks from which you can build a sequence seems to be working well. It's relatively simple to add an additional block to make an existing feature available in the sequencer. For instance I added a block to allow loading of capture profiles in about half an hour last night. I will be open to suggestions about adding blocks that I may have neglected.

Cheers, Robin
Butterbelly

Post by Butterbelly »

Looking very interesting - keep us informed

cheers Keith Butterworth
Euphonia

Post by Euphonia »

This is fantastic news!

Please don't forget about us Lunar people!

Sequencing video captures is huuuge. Tasks like video exposure bracketing / simple slew mosaics, while still make use use of feature tracking, has up till now been all but impossible to automate.

Tobias
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Tobias,

As I said above, any suggestions of what blocks need to be added to the sequence at all to make the sort of sequence you want to build possible are very welcome at this stage.

Since there is already a block that allows you to load a capture profile then it should be fairly easy to set the camera up just as you want in terms of exposure, gain, output format etc and then capture 1000 frames for instance.

Cheers, Robin
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Hi Robin
I’m hoping this doesn’t mean you’re migrating SC away from EAA and more supportive of AP. I’d be ready for a final glass of Hemlock if that’s what lies ahead.
Gary
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

I would imagine it's not binary. If you don't need to use sequencing don't use it. The EEA features are still going to be there.