SharpCap 3.2 Now Available

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
edgar619

Re: SharpCap 3.2 Now Available

Post by edgar619 »

thank you both for your replies

although I am experienced with SW and computers the process of how to apply the captured darks [ and then confirm they have been applied ] is still unclear...it is not clear what selecting means...is it just clicking on the file? ..do i do this while live stack is capturing....not sure

it is frustrating to me that something that would seem so straight forward to do is alluding me..my lack of experience with astro photography techniques is a possible reason for me not being able to grasp this

this is my fault not yours...so you need to invest no further time with me on this subject ...you both have been very courteous

i will keep working with trial and error ..or seek local help in my local Astronomy Club...

thanks

Bruce
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

1. Capture Dark via the Darks capture tool
2. By default this is saved in the SharpCap Captures on your desktop in the "Darks" folder
-- Darks are further subdivided by camera, resolution, exp length etc... you'll see this in the folder
3. In preprocessing section click browse next to subtract darks and select the darks you created by navigating to them.

Hope that clarifies it.

-Wikkett
Luling_Skies

Post by Luling_Skies »

When I select a dark and/or flat frame to be subtracted from an image is this "correction" made to the saved individual image files or is the "correction" only made to the live preview and stack?

Regards,

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

darks and flats affect images as viewed and the saved files, as noted here in the docs : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#!2!Pre-processing

Robin
Luling_Skies

Post by Luling_Skies »

That is what I thought. Appreciate the prompt reply Robin.

Cheers,

Tim