SharpCap 3.2 Now Available

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap 3.2 Now Available

Post by admin »

The full version of SharpCap 3.2 is now available - you can find the download at

https://downloads.sharpcap.co.uk

You can learn about what's new at

https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/news/whats-n ... arpcap-3-2

and find the documentation at

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/

Note that as always installing SharpCap 3.2 will not uninstall older versions (3.1, 3.0, etc), so you can try out the latest version secure in the knowledge that you can quickly go back to an older version in case of problems. Autoupdate from 3.1 to 3.2 will not happen for a few weeks, so if you want to try SharpCap 3.2 you will need to install manually.

cheers,

Robin

PS. I also have a 64 bit version of SharpCap 3.2 nearly ready for beta testing - if anyone is interested in trying this out, please send me a PM. Currently the 64 bit version only supports Altair, ASCOM, QHY, ZWO and DirectShow cameras. The primary goal of the 64 bit version is to eliminate out-of-memory problems for those live stacking with very high resolution cameras.
edgar619

Re: SharpCap 3.2 Now Available

Post by edgar619 »

hello Robin

i am a Pro user

i downloaded 3.2 and tried to capture some darks with my Touptek direct show camera but could not create them. I can do this in 3.1

also..to confirm..in 3.2 sensor analysis still can not be done with a frame grabber direct show camera..right?

thanks for the new relaese
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

DirectShow cameras will never be supported for sensor analysis because you can only change the exposure in factors of two, rather than make arbitrary small changes.

I did a quick test on a direct show camera and creating a dark frame worked. Could you share a screenshot and log files showing the problem you are having.

Cheers

Robin
edgar619

Post by edgar619 »

robin

while waiting for an answer

i cycled through all my versions--2.9 to 3.2 and did dark captures with each

when i got to 3.2 this time it worked

i did it again and it worked again

not sure why it didn't first time....but it failed twice

good to go!

all the best

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

good to hear it is working - if it breaks again do grab a screenshot showing the error and maybe we can track the problem down.

cheers,

Robin
edgar619

Post by edgar619 »

Robin

read the 3.2 manual and see how to capture darks. It says SC can subtract darks for direct show cameras within live stack. I have one. Does this happen automatically or if not.............. what is the process i follow.

thx Bruce Heath

The manual doesn't say
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

once you have created a dark frame, browse for it in the 'Subtract dark' control in the preprocessing section - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#!2!Pre-processing.

cheers,

Robin
edgar619

Post by edgar619 »

robin

i am not communicating very well

i know where there are on my laptop..see attachment

does SC apply them automatically when it live stacks [ if so how do i know it has happened ] or do i have to initiate a command [ if so how do i do this]

thanks

Bryce
Attachments
dark save.jpg
dark save.jpg (78.54 KiB) Viewed 6117 times
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

Go to pre processing. Click browse. Select your dark frame. Your frames are now being dark corrected, including any frames you use in live stacking.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep,

click the 'Browse' button for subtract dark, (you can just see it in your screenshot on the right hand side), choose your dark frame and you are done - from then on that dark is being applied to each frame that is captured.

cheers,

Robin