Altair 269C

Discussion of features and issues relating to Altair Astro Cameras
neilbw63

Altair 269C

Post by neilbw63 »

Hi this is my first post so be gentle, I have a Altair 269C camera (new) and I can't get any good subs they are all covered in a pink mask no matter what I do it's still there, here are some details on my kit
Camera - Altair 269C
Scope - WO GT81 with Flattener/Reducer
Mount - SW HEQ5
Filter - Altair Tri Band
Laptop - Dell 7450 I7 6th Gen 8Gb ram
10m startec USB3 powered cable.
I don't think its the cable as I have used it on a ZWO 294 with good results, I leave all the settings to default for the 269C set the gain to 5.95/595 and the black level to 24, the fault is happening in both Altair and Sharpcap.

Thanks for looking. Neil
admin
Site Admin

Re: Altair 269C

Post by admin »

Hi Neil,

from the description it sounds as though you may have the incorrect Bayer pattern when processing your images – that usually shows up either as a pinkish purple colour overlay with a chessboard pattern showing when you look at the pixel level or as the red and blue colour channels being swapped in an otherwise normal looking image. Your symptoms sound like the first case here. If this is the case then I would expect the images to look correct in SharpCap when you're viewing them whilst capturing but for this problem to appear once you start trying to process the images.

The thing to do is to work through all the possible combinations of Bayer pattern – RGGB/BGGR/GRBG/GBRG in your processing software to find the one that gives the correct colours – taking a photo of an object of a known colour helps with this identification (you can even just shine a red torchlight into the telescope – you know you have the correct pattern when the image looks red).

If this turns out not be the problem then please share a screenshot which will help enormously.

Cheers, Robin