Altair 1600 Pro TEC power cut off

Discussion of features and issues relating to Altair Astro Cameras
tp2415

Altair 1600 Pro TEC power cut off

Post by tp2415 »

Hello,

When I change the binning of the camera I hear that the FAN and TEC stops for few seconds and restart. I have some dew issues and I don't like that the FAN and TEC always stops and restart while changing settings. I don't have this issue with AltairCapture. Could you check and explain (fix) this issue?
Thank you
Clear Sky
Best Regards
admin
Site Admin

Re: Altair 1600 Pro TEC power cut off

Post by admin »

Hi,

looks like I can fix this for binning changes and changes in the size of the ROI, but it seems that I can't achieve the same for switching between 8 and 12 bit modes (I get an error if I try to switch bit depth while the camera is still in active mode - AltairCapture must have a trick to get around this, but whatever it is, it seems to be unavailable to me).

thanks,

Robin
tp2415

Post by tp2415 »

There are good news there because for sure during deep sky imaging I stay in 12 bits. So fixing the issue when changing binning and ROI is a good improvement! :).
Is it possible to do an update of sharpcap for this? :D Best Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, I usually put out a new update with recent bug fixes about once a week – I did one on Friday, so probably one is likely by the end of this week. Remember to look on the downloads page as these versions do not appear via auto update until sometime later.

Cheers, Robin
tp2415

Post by tp2415 »

Thank you for your fast answer :D