Altair Hypercam 269C not working with Sharpcap

Discussion of features and issues relating to Altair Astro Cameras
OleMyrvoll

Altair Hypercam 269C not working with Sharpcap

Post by OleMyrvoll »

Hi there
So just unboxed my new camera and looking forward to see if everything is good before going outside.
Camera comes with error check USB speed when trying to connect in Sharpcap, and then program just closes.
Camera works good with APT, but kinda want this to work as well.. :)

Any tips for a noobie?

-Ole
admin
Site Admin

Re: Altair Hypercam 269C not working with Sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi,

My first suggestion would be to make sure that you have a very very latest version of SharpCap from the downloads page – this is a relatively new model of camera and if you have a version of SharpCap that is more than a few weeks old then it may not have the latest version of the Altair software which could lead to the sort of problems you are seeing.

Hope this helps, Robin
OleMyrvoll

Post by OleMyrvoll »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I downloaded it yesterday, so it should be the latest version I'm afraid.3.2.6232.0

added my log from last attempt :)
Attachments
Sharpcap-Log.txt
(36.74 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

It looks like the basic communication with the camera is working, but then the cameras refusing to enter video mode when SharpCap tries to start it up. I expect that the other apps that you are using may be putting the camera straight into still mode which SharpCap only uses for longer exposures. If you are using any USB extension cables or hubs between the computer and the camera then I would suggest removing those and trying again to see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers, Robin
OleMyrvoll

Post by OleMyrvoll »

Thanks for helping out.
Did a reinstall and went outside to try, and this time it actually worked.. :)

Now I just need to figure this whole thing out with platesolving and "live view" to actually see some stars..Could be bad seeing today, but would guess I shouldn't need 10sec exposures with 1000gain to get some stars to show :)