Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 on PrimaluceLab Eagle 2

Discussion of features and issues relating to Altair Astro Cameras
ColinR

Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 on PrimaluceLab Eagle 2

Post by ColinR »

Hi all! New to the forum and starting off with a problem!

I have been running version 3.0 as the pre-installed version on my PrimaluceLab Eagle 2 with an Altair Astro GPcam mono for lunar imaging but mainly guiding with no problems whatsoever. However I am now in the process of moving from a modified DSLR to an AltairAstro 183C Pro TEC camera and of course 3.0 won't recognise this camera. (At least that what I think was happening.)
I therefore tried to upgrade the Eagle 2 to the latest as of today 3.2 version of SharpCap. This upgrade failed several times, (log attached). Unlike my PC and my laptop where it installed no problem. From the log it show that SharpCap was trying to link the webpage, go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinId=780596 when it failed. "Failed to send request to URL."

My Eagle 2 is not connected to the web, (unlike my PC and laptop). I have it set up for remote use in the field or back garden using Microsoft Remote Desktop running Windows 10 Enterprise on an iPad mini.

At last the questions: 1. Does version 3.2 require access to the internet to install on a device?
2. If that is not the problem, what does the error log suggest it is?
Note that I have just successfully installed version 3.1 onto my Eagle 2 which does recognise the 183 camera. Going forward I would prefer to be able install version 3.2 and beyond, especially without having to reconfigure my Eagle 2!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Colin
Attachments
SharpCap_3.2_20181012134234.log
Error Log
(7.3 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 on PrimaluceLab Eagle 2

Post by admin »

Hi,

the internet connection is only needed under some circumstances - if it needs to download and install other components. In your case it does because you need the .NET framework 4.62 installed and don't have it yet (SharpCap 3.0 was happy with version 4.5).

If you transfer the full installer for the .NET Framework 4.62 to your device and install it you should then be able to run the SharpCap installer.

hope this helps,

Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Robin,

Thanks for your speedy and very helpful reply. I will proceed as indicated. (I will check with PrimaluceLab before installing .NET Framework 4.62, but I'd be surprised if that is a problem.)

Thanks again.
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi,
I have already upgraded the .NET to 4.62 on my Eagle 2 Pro and it did not cause any issues with any of the other items.

Cheers
Nick
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Hi Nick,
Belated thanks. I just realised I missed your post!

Colin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Hi Nick,

I now, (eventually!), understand that as PrimaluceLab Eagle has windows 10 Enterprise installed, users therefore should not be able to update any part of the operating system.

How did you manage to update .net framework on your Eagle?

Thanks

Colin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Colin,

the .NET framework isn't really part of the operating system - you should just be able to download the 4.8 installer and install like any other application (providing you have admin login)

Robin