Do I need install a extra solver for PolarAlign ?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Roy66

Do I need install a extra solver for PolarAlign ?

Post by Roy66 »

Hi all,

I am new to SharpCap , and just downloaded it (not a Pro version for now).
I want to figure out how the Polar alignment procedure could work if I upgrade too the Pro version later.

What I belive to understand so far the Polar Alignment Procedure is working with a solver , do I need to install a extra plate solve program or is this feature already integrated in SharpCap.. ?

In the SharpCap settings -> Solver , I can choose a directory for certain plate solve tool, but I am unsure if I would need first install this ? Or can I choose a.e. PinPoint or PS2.28 too ?

/Roy
admin
Site Admin

Re: Do I need install a extra solver for PolarAlign ?

Post by admin »

Hi Roy,

the polar alignment routine has it's own (limited) built in plate solver, so you don't need to install a separate plate solver to make polar alignment work. The built in solver is designed to only work in the region around the poles (it only has data out to about 7 degrees form the pole) but it is also *very* fast compared to general plate solvers, which makes the polar alignment responsive.

hope this helps,

Robin