Sensor Analysis problem with asi 183mc Pro

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
doseri

Sensor Analysis problem with asi 183mc Pro

Post by doseri »

Hi ,,,

i was trying the Sensor Analysis on my new ZWO asi 183mc pro, so i Start the Sensor Analysis procedure but i can not finish it , it takes for ever :shock: i do not know what i do ??:

so if anyone can help me on this problem
sam
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis problem with asi 183mc Pro

Post by admin »

Hi,

at what stage does it get stuck? (What are the messages showing and what exposure /gain are set). One problem is that if the initial light level is too low then some steps can requre very long exposure (several seconds), so the whole procedure can take a long time. Sometimes you have to set the light level so the initial exposure is about 1-2ms to avoid this problem.

Robin
doseri

Post by doseri »

admin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm Hi,

at what stage does it get stuck? (What are the messages showing and what exposure /gain are set). One problem is that if the initial light level is too low then some steps can require very long exposure (several seconds), so the whole procedure can take a long time. Sometimes you have to set the light level so the initial exposure is about 1-2ms to avoid this problem.

Robin
Dear Robin

the stage that get stuck in the 3 part ( after uncover for the dark's ) , for the exposure and gain i set the default , can you please demonstrate for me procedure :) , i am using the new color cool (zwo asi 183mc pro), and what do you Recommend for the camera setting :idea: would like to to use the Smart Histogram for image deep sky objects

1-what is the best driver for using with ZWO ???
2- Do i do Debayer for the image ??

Waiting for you support

Best Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What driver should you use? The one nearest the top of the menu - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Cameras

Should you use debayer for sensor analysis? Yes, so that the code knows which colour pixels are which (on colour cameras it does the analysis on only the green pixels, but needs to know which are the green pixels, so debayer must be set correctly).

Please see this video tutorial for info on using the sensor analysis - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=801 - if you are still stuck then please include a screenshot of where you get stuck.

thanks,

Robin
doseri

Post by doseri »

admin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 pm What driver should you use? The one nearest the top of the menu - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Cameras

Should you use debayer for sensor analysis? Yes, so that the code knows which colour pixels are which (on colour cameras it does the analysis on only the green pixels, but needs to know which are the green pixels, so debayer must be set correctly).

Please see this video tutorial for info on using the sensor analysis - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=801 - if you are still stuck then please include a screenshot of where you get stuck.

thanks,

Robin
Dear Robin

Thank you

to by clear up on the drives, do i use ASCOM driver or DirectShow cameras , for DirectShow camera driver there two one by :? ZWO

regards
sam
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sam,

neither ASCOM or DirectShow - the camera should appear in a 'ZWO ASI Cameras' section near the top of the menu like this
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.16 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
If you are not seeing that section the you probably need to update your ZWO driver and/or SharpCap to the very latest version.

thanks,

Robin