Disable Overscan

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Oshimitsu

Disable Overscan

Post by Oshimitsu »

Is there a way to disable overscan? I've been trying to use sharpcap along with the circle overlay to center my secondary but the overscan moves the apparent center of the image.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Disable Overscan

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is no way to disable overscan if the camera manufacturer has turned it on (I'm not aware of any brand that I support having controls to turn overscan on/off). However, you may be able to use a reduced resolution and set the ROI offset within the full sensor area to get a central view.

cheers,

Robin

PS. What camera model?
Oshimitsu

Post by Oshimitsu »

I actually just took out a pair of calipers and my sensor is not centered. I've never noticed that... : ( why in the world would it be off center. Would that effect my guiding and polar alignment ?

its an ASI120mm usb 2.0 version. It's strictly used for guiding and polar alignment right now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

exact centering is not important for guiding or polar alignment, so you are OK there. The only thing you will have a problem with is going to be collimation.

Robin