I can´t find the Gamma bar with a ASI224 in SharpCap 3.1

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Lucas_mtg

I can´t find the Gamma bar with a ASI224 in SharpCap 3.1

Post by Lucas_mtg »

Hello everyone.

Recently i´ve installed SC version 3.1 but can not find the Gamma adjustment bar. My camera is ASI224.
I always had this option until version 3.0 but now I can not find this setting. Does anyone know how to solve it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: I can´t find the Gamma bar with a ASI224 in SharpCap 3.1

Post by admin »

Hi,

ZWO removed the gamma adjustment option in a recent SDK update, which means that the control is gone in SharpCap 3.1 (and won't come back unless ZWO decide to put it back!). I'm not sure why they removed it to be honest beyond the fact that using it in RAW mode is a dreadful idea as your image is no longer truly RAW.

You can achieve a similar result (brightnening the onscreen image) by using the display level stretch bars in the mini histogram in SC3.1. This only affects what is onscreen (not the saved file) which is almost always what you want because you can easily apply a stretch to the captured data post-stacking and get better results that way.

cheers,

Robin