Flip image displayed on monitor

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
stubblejumper

Flip image displayed on monitor

Post by stubblejumper »

I use lenses almost exclusively and find the upside down image displayed by SharpCap to be disconcerting when trying to centre the target. I have scanned the manual and didn't find any reference to that kind of function, except perhaps for ROI Pan/Tilt. Is there a way to have the field of view displayed in its correct orientation?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flip image displayed on monitor

Post by admin »

Hi,

flip functionality is available for ZWO cameras and Altair cameras (but not in RAW mode for Altair cameras) at the moment. Adding flip functionality for other cameras is something that I already have on the list of future potential features.

cheers,

Robin
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

Thanks Robin. I looked through my SharpCap menus and didn't see that functionality for my ASI1600mm Pro. I'm on a different PC than the one I use for controlling my cameras so can't double check, but I am certain I have version 3.xxx. Is it only in the Pro version perhaps? I have a Pro license but switched laptops and and didn't move the license. Would you be so kind as to point me to the section where the function exists?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it should be in the 'Camera Controls' section of the controls panel - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#ZWO%20 ... 20Controls

cheers,

Robin
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

How I managed to skip over that function when reading the manual in not explainable. Many thanks Robin.

I use SharpCap with my Altair Hypercam IMX174 and using it with my new ASI1600 accelerated my putting it to use.

Don