Check Device File

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
8meter

Re: Check Device File

Post by 8meter »

After trying many "back" releases of SharpCap, none would work with the AVerMedia ADC, I picked up a genuine EZCap116 ADC. At first I though that the EZCap116 did not work since the Preview screen in AMCap showed nothing but horizontal, white & black, lines, with and without video input. The good news is that I found a pull down menu option that allowed me to select "composite video in" input and that fixed the problem; now I have an image from the camera on the preview screen from both AMCAp & SharpCap.

The funny thing is, before I selected the "composite video in" input from AMCap's pull down menu options, SharpCap's preview screen showed the same horizontal lines; then after selecting the "composite video in" from AMCap's option menu, SharpCap's preview screen showed an image from the camera. I did not run SharpCap at the same time as AMCap. If I was running AMCap, SharpCap would be shut down, then I would shut down AMCap and run SharpCap. To me, that is a head scratch-er.

I was planning on sending the AVerMedia ADC device back, but I think I will keep the AVerMedia ADC as a backup to the EZCap116 device, just in case.

Watch out with the EZCap ADC; there is an EZCap116 and a EZCap170, both look exactly alike right down to the lettering on the plastic case and the product description, but, if you read the "contact us" sections, the EZCap116 is from the UK and the EZCap170 is from China.
turfpit

Re: Check Device File

Post by turfpit »

I own one of these http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/e ... pture-card and it works reliably with my AVS DSO-1 video camera. Note the Be Warned section on this web page describing the steps the company took to protect their trading name. The 116 you have is a reliable device based on my personal experience and has been mentioned favourably in several astronomy forums around the web.

Dave