Viewing sensor analysis logs

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
cuivenion

Viewing sensor analysis logs

Post by cuivenion »

Is there a way to view your sensor analysis logs? So I can compare it with the manufacturer specs to check I've done it right? I've noticed there a lot of .json files for different cameras.

If your camera is listed does that mean you don't need to do sensor analysis.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Viewing sensor analysis logs

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap installs pre-measured sensor analysis data for a number of cameras where I have either performed the analysis or been able to collect the results. These are the same data that you would measure yourself, give or take a little random variation.

You can obviously see the data when you run the measurement in graph and table form (if you have SharpCap Pro you can copy the data table and then paste into excel or similar). You can also see the analysis graph again if you are a SharpCap Pro user and bring up the smart histogram 'Brain' window - the sensor data is one of the tabs.

cheers,

Robin
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

Thanks. I did do a measurement for the ASI224, but I reckon I'll trust the default measurement rather than mine. If I wanted to use the default one would I just reinstall sharpcap?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the measurements you have done are in

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\SensorCharacteristics
the installed ones are in

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\SharpCap 3.1\SensorLibrary
You could open them in notepad and have a look at the values if you wanted. To go back to using the installed measurements you need to delete the files in the AppData\Romaing\SharpCap\SensorCharacteristics folder (or you can rename them or move them).

cheers,

Robin
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

Great, thanks.