Ha appearing blue

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
HansH

Ha appearing blue

Post by HansH »

After last SC upgrade I am having a problem, which I don't see appearing in other programs like NINA and Asistudio (used to check).

I am using ASI 533MC and Redcat, among other scopes, with a L-Enhance filter and all Ha is appearing in blue color on my screen and fits.
With UV/IR cut filter colors appear normal.

Have Debayer view in "on" position, tried RGGB and all others to no avail.

What can be going on, or better what may I overlook ?

Nothing in the settings I changed.

Tnx for reply,
Hans.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ha appearing blue

Post by admin »

Hi Hans,

I would certainly say that it sounds like an issue with the bayer pattern being wrong for that camera and that surely one of the pattern choices should fix it.

The way I usually deal with the problem if I get a camera to work with that has an unknown pattern is to shine a red light (red torch, red laser pen, etc) into the camera (if using the laser, make sure it is scattered off something first, not direct on the sensor). If you see green or blue on the screen then your bayer pattern is definitely wrong and you can try the various options until you get red. Once you do see red then the pattern is correct.

One thing to be aware of is that on some cameras, using the 'flip' functionality changes the bayer pattern arround. SharpCap should deal with this for ZWO cameras automatically, but if you are using darks or flats then they will not be auto corrected for flip changes.

cheers,

Robin
HansH

Post by HansH »

Hi Robin..

Tnx for quick reply....

You may have pushed a button here about "flip" function.
Normally I never use that and started using that function right after the last SC update.
You may have a point here....going to try without it and will inform you.

Rgds,
Hans
HansH

Post by HansH »

Hi Robin,

Can confirm that the "flip" function was causing the problem.
Never too old to learn.

Tnx once more as I was getting rather frustrated about this.

Rgds and clear skies
Hans