Time lapse video....can Sharp Cap do it.

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
RKBerta

Time lapse video....can Sharp Cap do it.

Post by RKBerta »

I use Sharp Cap for Ha solar imaging with some spectacular results with both a Coronado Ha setup and a 105mm refractor with a DayStar Quark. The end result is a HD single image. But now I would like to do some Time Lapse videos of solar activity.
It seems that Sharp Cap could or should be able to do that but thus far not sure what I am not doing right if it is possible.

For instance I would do a sequence of say 100 images with 20 seconds between each frame. It would than out put the video in AVI format.

I am wondering if any Sharp Cap users have been able to use it to do something like I proposed. If so how are you setting Sharp Cap up to do it and what sort of settings do you recommend
Menno555

Re: Time lapse video....can Sharp Cap do it.

Post by Menno555 »

Hi and welcome

My suggestion I wrote here was indeed not correct like Robin pointed out :mrgreen:

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Re: Time lapse video....can Sharp Cap do it.

Post by admin »

Hi,

not sure that Menno's suggestion will do quite what you want - when you use the sequncing features you get separate capture files rather than a single video with a gap between frames.

Try capturing as normal, but setting the 'Frame Rate limit' control to '1 every 15 seconds' (unfortunately 1 every 20s is not an option here). That will only save 1 frame every 15s to the output video (AVI or SER). It will also limit the display update rate to the same frequency, so it may not be a perfect solution.

thanks,

Robin