Plate Solve Exposure Length

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Don

Plate Solve Exposure Length

Post by Don »

Is there a way to set a default plate solve exposure length? Not a huge deal to change in the light frame exposure drop down but I often forget and end up with a 15s plate solve exposure.

BTW, plate solving in SC is excellent. So much quicker than SGP which makes me believe I need to check my SGP settings
admin
Site Admin

Re: Plate Solve Exposure Length

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, nothing like that built in (although you could build something using the sequencer and then have that sequence in your list of 'recent' sequences for easy access). I tend to always work in high gain short exposures for focus/plate solve and then switch to longer exposures for the actual imaging, so it's not something I have seen a need for.

There is a 'Quick Framing Shot' button in still mode that switches temporarily to high gain, lower exposure, takes an image and switches back - that sounds close to what you want, but is not linked to plate solving.

cheers,

Robin
Don

Re: Plate Solve Exposure Length

Post by Don »

Thanks Robin. Yeah, quick framing linked to plate solve sounds like the ticket but no worries.