darks, flats and dark flats

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Broz

darks, flats and dark flats

Post by Broz »

Are only the averaged calibration files stored, or are the individual calibration frames stored as well. If they are not would it be possible to add an option to store the individual frames? Thanks,
John
Broz

Re: darks, flats and dark flats

Post by Broz »

BTW, I realize that all of the individual calibration frames could be collected though the still capture option, just wondering if this could be also done through the routines to collect calibration frames for subtraction in live stacking. This would allow a simple and complete set of lights (saved frames in live stacking), darks, flats and dark flats to be saved for later post processing. Thanks,
Broz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

right now, only the final averaged frames are kept (the other frames are captured into the computer's temporary directory then deleted). It would be possible to keep the source frames - I think the most complex part would be working out how to save/organise them on disk in a sensible way. I will jot the idea down for consideration.

cheers,

Robin
Broz

Post by Broz »

Thanks Robin, no hurry - I can use the still capture for one set of calibration frames, and your dark/etc capture for use in SC for the time being. Just thought this would be a worthwhile mod for future versions.
John
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Hello Robin, I cannot substract Darks to Lights(did not try with Flats and DarkFlats yet). When I use the Folder Camera Monitor I can live stack the 60 frames with parameters RAW14, Expos. 30S, Gain 900, Temp. -10°C. You can notice than the screen show RAW16(no other option)
When I want to substract Darks with the same parameters it does not work.
You can see the 2 pictures attached.
Replay without Darks.jpg
Replay without Darks.jpg (257.99 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Replay with Darks.jpg
Replay with Darks.jpg (149.91 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Thank you for your reply.
Cheers,
Didier
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I can see in the lower screenshot that you have not adjusted the display stretch to try to balance the image stretch against the new darker levels - do you get any sort of reasonable result when you do that?

cheers,

Robin
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (165.89 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
Above display stretch adjusted. Even in using this lights and master dark files in APP the result is a black screen.
I will do new darks frame by frame and not master dark and try again. Thanks
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you have some time to share your raw frames and dark/flats then I will happily investigate further.

cheers,

Robin
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

TEST2.jpg
TEST2.jpg (264.81 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Finally I did a new master dark and as you can see above it works. Problem solved. Thank you
Cheers