4.0 Live Stacking and Digital Gain

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
gaar

4.0 Live Stacking and Digital Gain

Post by gaar »

With SharpCap 3.2 Live Stacking, I'm used to using the Digital Gain and Black Level settings to get a usable number of stars for alignment. (I use 2x or 4x gain depending on the filter, but I don't recall my typical black level just now.) Trying the 4.0 release tonight, I see that those options have been removed, and Sensitivity and Optimized for Faint Stars settings have been added. I didn't spend long on it (I wanted to concentrate on imaging tonight!), but I wasn't able to achieve successful alignment. I wound up falling back to 3.2 for the session.

If I keep adjusting the new Alignment settings, will I be able to get an equivalent number of stars for alignment in 4.0 as I do in 3.2?
admin
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 Live Stacking and Digital Gain

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you were using digital gain previously then the use of 'optimize for faint stars' and a high sensitivity should work. If not, please send me some sample raw frames that you would be using and I will investigate to see if I can advise or improve the detection options.

cheers,

Robin