Sharpcap success

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
GSBass

Sharpcap success

Post by GSBass »

Hi Robin, every since I purchased the sharpcap pro license last year I was kinda sad I could never get it to work with my mak, However I just got a refractor and had success my first time out, already imaged m3 and m51 and although I’m still learning , the results were good. My only issue may be the Qhy485c driver might need updating… pretty strong green that does not seem right. Anyway just wanted you to know, Sharpcap rocks with my new 102edl, Scott
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap success

Post by admin »

Hi Scott,

glad to hear that you are doing well with your new refractor - I love 'fracs - they are low maintenance and just work first time every time. Newtonians are great if you can give them the attention they demand. SCTs have dreadful focuser backlash and never fully cool down, but a 'frac is your friend :)

A lot of modern cameras are very sensitive in the green and show colour casts like this. I think it's just the way the camera works. You can either use the colour balance controls to try to tame the green when capturing or try to process it back to a more natural colour later.

cheers,

Robin