Are there Screen User Interface Options, text colour, etc?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
GaryS

Are there Screen User Interface Options, text colour, etc?

Post by GaryS »

I've been seeing youtube broadcasts showing Sharpcap screens that had different text colors and screen colors - different from the normal and night(orange) versions that seem standard with the program. Is there some way to change the graphic 'look' of the program screens ?
Just wonderin....thanks
Gary
Menno555

Re: Are there Screen User Interface Options, text colour, etc?

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Gary

Could you give a link as example?
I do know that some people adjust the color settings in their OS (by hand or with an app) to make night viewing better. Most of them red(ish) but some also amber or amore pink(ish) color. This effect then the way SharpCap lloks.

Menno
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Hi Menno

I’ve attached a screenshot from a friends YouTube session on SC. It has green menu text and a purple background color on the SC Window. Thanks for responding..!

PS: I had to cut the screen in half to get file size down but you’ll get the idea I think

CCD88596-1A7C-4704-81B6-E60BA7D48808.jpeg
CCD88596-1A7C-4704-81B6-E60BA7D48808.jpeg (419.01 KiB) Viewed 712 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

older versions of SharpCap (3.1 and before?) had a different dark mode scheme that was more like putting a red film over the application (except for the camera display area) - that got replaced by the current black/orange theme. Anything else is probably people tinkering with their system colours as Menno suggested, since there is no way to override the default colours in SharpCap.

Edit... yes, that image above is definitely tinkering with the system colours in Windows - it works to an extent, but you can't get everything just the way you want (missing text on the 'Live View' button for instance).

cheers,

Robin
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

Mystery solved…thank you Sir.