Camera setting.txt report and histogran.csc report

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Maurits

Camera setting.txt report and histogran.csc report

Post by Maurits »

Hallo, I have the SC 3.2.6480 Pro version.
I use this program for Imaging the Sun and it works like a charm, with beautiful images as a result.

After recording I can see there are automatically two reports, one for the camera settings and one for the histogram results.

FIRST
On the camera settings report I can't never find the number of frames that I used during the recording.
I can see the max frame rate but never the used frames...
This report is usable for imaging the Sun, despite the lack of used frames.

SECOND
On the histogram I can't see the max % during the recording, so for imaging the Sun this report is unusable.
Is there a possibility to hide this report or to hide it from the capture map?

Thanks for reading,
Regards,
Maurits
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera setting.txt report and histogran.csc report

Post by admin »

Hi,

both of these files are produced at the start of a capture, rather than at the end, so the information that you are looking for cannot be written to them as it is not known at the time the files are created.

The histogram data is simply a snapshot of the histogram from a single frame taken near the beginning of the capture (it's probably the first saved frame in most cases, but I don't think that is guaranteed). If the histogram levels change during the recording then that is not reflected in the histogram data.

The capture settings are similarly a snapshot of the settings at the start of the capture. After all, it's possible to change the capture settings during the capture if desired.

cheers,

Robin
Maurits

Re: Camera setting.txt report and histogran.csc report

Post by Maurits »

admin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:32 pm Hi,

both of these files are produced at the start of a capture, rather than at the end, so the information that you are looking for cannot be written to them as it is not known at the time the files are created.

The histogram data is simply a snapshot of the histogram from a single frame taken near the beginning of the capture (it's probably the first saved frame in most cases, but I don't think that is guaranteed). If the histogram levels change during the recording then that is not reflected in the histogram data.

The capture settings are similarly a snapshot of the settings at the start of the capture. After all, it's possible to change the capture settings during the capture if desired.

cheers,

Robin
Thanks Robin for the explanation.