First attempt at sequencing

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
DanK

Re: First attempt at sequencing

Post by DanK »

Robin:

That is what I want! Wonderful!
Can you incorporate Meridian Flip(s) into the proposed upgrades you plan on making?

This is really getting exciting.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

yep, Meridian flip is on the list of things to do (but not going to happen imminently).

It might be something I attack in small stages - for instance showing the hour angle in the mount area and perhaps having a sequencer step to 'capture frames until within <X> degrees of the meridian'. That would then finish just before the target hits the meridian and other steps in the sequence could pause (wait for transit), goto on the opposite side, plate solve and then continue imaging.

cheers,

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

Definitely Robin I am still on a learning curve myself. Very pleased with my Flats and Darks I made in SC and applied to the acquired M3 lights from a few nights back. The flats do a superb job with the telescope and camera combination in Sharpcap. I do like the Nerdy Editor...It is much more "global" with the settings...

I don't know how well SC will do with the Mallincamsky DS26c camera. Albeit I did upgrade my ASCOM platform to 6.5 so it may work. Tonight will be clear so I will image.

The Flats were superb in their quality. I did have two layers of t-shirt, drawn taught in front of the OTA. I also used my repaired Ellumiglow variable output LED panel...this is the big plus the unit has...however it should be encased in a rigid jacket so that strain isn't applied to either the panel or the connectors to the panel.

Dan Kahraman