newbie just switched from dslr to asi 533 color

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
The dude

newbie just switched from dslr to asi 533 color

Post by The dude »

Another question from the newbe related to gain and off set settings. I am using a windows 10 laptop. an asi533 one shot color. I have the camera set to capture raw 16 and I am saving images as fits files. I have read on several posts that the unity gain on the asi 533 is 100 and the offset is 50, where do i input these values sharpcap, ascom I can not find anywhere to input these values. Am I missing software somewhere. please help

Thanks

the Dude
admin
Site Admin

Re: newbie just switched from dslr to asi 533 color

Post by admin »

Hi,

firstly, if you are really using the ZWO ASCOM driver then the best suggestion is not to use it and to allow SharpCap to talk directly to the camera - you should see the camera listed in the 'ZWO ASI Cameras' section of the camera menu - choose that option. If you do that then gain should be in the controls on the right hand side, and for reasons that are historical for ZWO cameras, offset appears as 'Brightness'.

If you use the ASCOM driver then gain should still be listed on the right (under the exposure slider), but the offset will need to be adjusted in the ASCOM driver options - click on the 'Show' button in the control area on the right to access them.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.72 KiB) Viewed 331 times
cheers,

Robin