Darkest area of image

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
neverfox

Darkest area of image

Post by neverfox »

The Smart Histogram brain (v4) says it will measure the "darkest are (sp) of the image" but I suspect it's picking up my vignetting as the area is always at the edge or corner of the image. As a result, it keeps increasing the exposure time to very high levels that I know are well beyond what they would tend to be (from past experience with the Brain). Is there a way to limit the area it will look at for the darkest area?
neverfox

Re: Darkest area of image

Post by neverfox »

Also, the exposure times start to go will beyond the max in the options (1024s, 2000s etc when I have 10m max). I get that it might be trying to collect statistics that are useful if I change that setting but I really don't plan to. As a result I'm waiting for these long test shots that are impractical to me. Is there a way to limit it?
Menno555

Re: Darkest area of image

Post by Menno555 »

Hi

I also raised this question, I have similar things with it. See viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3776, maybe your input also can help there?

Menno