Sharpcap pro using on my Astroberry pi

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Jason Colbeck

Sharpcap pro using on my Astroberry pi

Post by Jason Colbeck »

Hello folks.
I love sharpcap pro,,I mainly use it to polar align,,its so quick & easy,,I just plug the guide cam in to my laptops usb & 3 mins later I'm done,,However,,I've Recently started operating remotely using raspberry pi & Astroberry,, controlled through a tablet,,I've been struggling with ekos polar alignment tool,,its just a bit slow,,,but love everything else about Kstars & ekos. I notice sharpcap comes with kstars,, but it wont have the polar align function as it's not the pro version,, my question is ,,as my wife allready has sharpcap pro on her laptop,,,can I add the " pro " bit to my Kstars sharpcap app somehow ?
Thanks in advance.
Jason .
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap pro using on my Astroberry pi

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap is Windows only, and can't run at all on any Linux devices like RPi, sorry. Not sure where the idea of SharpCap being installed with KStars comes from - news to me :shock:

cheers,

Robin
TomCasey

Re: Sharpcap pro using on my Astroberry pi

Post by TomCasey »

In a perfect world, there would be a new version of Sharpcap Pro for Raspberry Pi, and even come bundled with the Astroberry Server as PhD2 is. Just wishful thinking to have the best Polar Alignment tool I've ever used remain in my imaging quiver!