readback an image?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
sarg314

readback an image?

Post by sarg314 »

I'm a newbie who would like to be able to fiddle around with captured fits files during the day to learn how to use sharpcap. It would be nice if sharpcap could "readback" a previously captured fits image as though it had just captured it and then and let me use stretch, histograms, ... whatever, to just learn about the images and various sharpcap features. I realize I can take new images during the day, but those would not be anything like the DSO images taken at night. (Granted, this would probably only of use for short time while just starting to learn how to use sharpcap.)

So far I haven't come across any way to do this. Is there a way? Or is there not a way because it's not worth doing?
admin
Site Admin

Re: readback an image?

Post by admin »

Hi,

there are two ways to do this – one is to use the test cameras – in particular the 'deep sky test camera'. With this camera you can select a previously saved file as the image the camera will display and then play around with any adjustments that you want. The other approach is to use SharpCap's 'Virtual Folder Monitor Camera' - this is a bit more sophisticated in that it can load a series of images from a directory one after the other.

Cheers, Robin
sarg314

Re: readback an image?

Post by sarg314 »

That's great information. Thanks very much.