Smart Histogram Brain does find result below max 1m

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
remyastro

Smart Histogram Brain does find result below max 1m

Post by remyastro »

Hi Robin,

I have tried with different Sky Conditions the use of the Smart Histogram Brain Window to optimize my Altair 183C Pro colour Camera settings.
Wanting to use my EQ6 Mount without guiding, I normally limit the maximum Exposure Time to 1 Minute.

But I aways get the same bad Result from the 'Brain': 'No Solution exists below one Minute'; and this comment comes with a relativey law calculated optimal Gain of 398.

My Question is: How to manage this Issue?; are there other Solutions with higher Gain still possible (keeping the same Image Quality Level)?

Thank you for your Help.

Cheers.
Remy
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Histogram Brain does find result below max 1m

Post by admin »

Hi Remy,

You've told SharpCap that the longest exposures that you want to run are 60s exposures, and you've also chosen a limit to the amount of additional noise that you are prepared to accept in the final stacked image (maybe 5% or 10%). SharpCap is telling you that given your sky brightness and camera characteristics, there is no combination of settings that can meet all of the criteria that you have set up.

What you need to do is relax one of the criteria – either make the maximum exposure time in the brain window longer – for example change it from 60s to 120s - or increase the amount of additional noise you are prepared to accept in the final stacked image.

Cheers, Robin