sharpcap 3.1 and .net Framework 4.62

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
ColinR

sharpcap 3.1 and .net Framework 4.62

Post by ColinR »

I know this is a bit of a blast from the past but I take it that Sharpcap 3.1 does not require .net Framework 4.62?
3.1 works on my Eagle 2, but trying to download 3.2 does not work. From previous replies from Robin and Nick I know that I need 4.62 for 3.2 to work, However, I have no idea how to install .net Framework 4.62 on my Eagle 2 using an iPad mini remotely connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colin
admin
Site Admin

Re: sharpcap 3.1 and .net Framework 4.62

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, version 3.1 only required the .net framework to be at least version 4.5.2.

If you have normal Windows desktop control of the Eagle 2 then you should just be able to open a browser and download and run the installer - for instance from this page https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... ork/net462

Another possibility would be to connect from another PC using Microsoft's Remote Desktop application – at least I assume that that's how the iPad connection runs, so you should be able to connect from a PC which would be more usable. Finally, apparently the device has mini HDMI and USB ports, so with a mini HDMI to normal HDMI cable and a USB keyboard and mouse you could connect it up to a monitor and use it as a normal PC.

Hope this helps, Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Robin,

Thanks again for your useful information.

Colin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Hi Robin,
Just to let you know that I have installed Microsoft Remote Desktop on my PC, following your advice on using a PC. I can now download easily to Eagle 2. So thanks again.

Just one impassioned plea: Please can you make PHD2 dithering work on normal image capture, completely separate from Live Stacking or Live Stacking work-arounds?

Colin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Colin

Glad to hear that you've been able to take control of your eagle properly now!

Dithering without live stacking is coming in SharpCap 3.3 – at least as long as you are using the new sequencer to run your captures.

Cheers, Robin
ColinR

Post by ColinR »

Sounds great - I look forward to that!

Colin