Saving over network from sharpcap

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
ChrisFC

Saving over network from sharpcap

Post by ChrisFC »

I run sharpcap on a PCstick on my scope and remotely control from a computer inside (using RDPwrap via wifi).
I used to be able to get sharpcap (running on the stick) to save over wifi to the other computer - so I could also use DSS/astrotoaster to also process these files on the main computer on the fly.

It doesn't work anymore. Any ideas? What happens is - In sharpcap, when I choose the location on the remote computer over the wifi (in setting/filenames) the file name is highlighted red and won't allow me to press okay or apply.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving over network from sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

not something I've knowingly changed (or that I'd expect to change based on the stuff I have updated in SharpCap) so I expect it's something changed in the other software you are using. Can you share a screenshot of the problem, since I'm not entirely sure how you are trying to save back to the other computer (a network share? a mapped drive? some feature of your RDP program?)

cheers,

Robin