memory

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
gremlin

memory

Post by gremlin »

Hello
I have installed the latest version on a newer obsy pc. It's win10 8gb of ram. I've read how to increase the memory usage but when I move a slider and apply it just goes back to the default of 1gb. Maybe i've missed something.
thanks for any help
David
admin
Site Admin

Re: memory

Post by admin »

Hi,

with 8 GB of RAM you should be able to increase the total of the two sliders to 4 GB – so for example, 2 GB on each or three on one and one on the other. Remember that this requires a SharpCap pro licence though.

If you have pro licence and you are still having trouble, please send a screenshot showing the problem.

Cheers, Robin
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Thanks Robin there's other features on the pro ill use so I think I'll upgrade to that. Can I use it on my obsy pc and my laptop?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, as an individual user you can use the same license on any of your personal PCs and also on one PC that you do not own but have sole use of (for example a work laptop).

Robin
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Okbthanks I've bought the pro version. Just need some clear skies to try a few things