SharpCap with ASPS

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
pe78420

SharpCap with ASPS

Post by pe78420 »

Hi,

I've some troubles to use ASPS with SharpCap... the solving failed ! :(

In SharpCap documentation, what means "SharpCap does not use the settings that you might have configured in the UI for the different plate solving apps it supports - it has it's own set of tested settings that it uses instead"? Where are these settings?

For proper solving, ASPS needs to know exactly the focale length of the device which takes the photo used by it... so, where in SharpCap, can I enter this focale length?

Many thanks in Advance...

Best regards, ;)

Philippe
Last edited by pe78420 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap with ASPS

Post by admin »

Hi Phillipe,

actually the 'solve-field' engine which is used by Astrotortilla, ASPS and others doesn't really need to know the focal length/field of view, but knowing that information does make the solve time much faster as the plate solver needs to check less possibilities. SharpCap has a different way speeding up the solving - it only checks the area within 15 degrees of the current mount pointing position, but checks all scales inside that area.

The best way to resolve this is to send me an image that won't solve and I'll look into the problem.

cheers,

Robin
pe78420

Post by pe78420 »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your answer...

Unfortunatly, I've understood my problem some time after posting this in the forum.
I made the test using the EQMOD ASCOM SIMULATOR wich the initialy mount position is far away from the real RA/Dec of the image!

Regards,

Philippe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Philippe,

ok, no worries!

Robin