Focusing tool

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
destridge

Focusing tool

Post by destridge »

Perhaps I should remove and reload Sharpcap, and just forget about the focusing tool? Because Sharpcap is unusable after using the Bahinov mask tool. Seems I have done almost as good without it. This does not happen when I have played around with the other tools.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Focusing tool

Post by admin »

Hi,

a complete cleanup is in the documentation, but the information is out of date - after uninstalling you need to do the following to completely reset everything

* Remove Profile data (if created) – profile data is stored in %APPDATA%\SharpCap\. Navigate to this folder from Search or Run and delete the contents of the folder.

The step below can be omitted but is included for completeness. Always backup the registry before making changes to it.

* [Optional] Remove Registry Entry – run Regedit. Export the registry as a precaution. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AstroSharp Limited\SharpCap and delete the 3.2 key.

After doing both of these steps you can then reinstall SharpCap and everything should be back to the initial defaults.

Cheers, Robin