How do I know flats / darks are completed ...and correctly / no errors

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
darkseadiver

How do I know flats / darks are completed ...and correctly / no errors

Post by darkseadiver »

Hello, New to this forum, but been using Sharpcap for a while now. I know I can run my darks / flats and wait around for the banner to show up and tell me that job has completed.

But I'll usually run the Dark / flat capture and go do something else, I return and there is nothing that shows task completed (or at least I don't see it). So, ...how do I know they are done ...and with no issues?

After the banner clears, I have to dig into the subdirectory to see if they were created ..but is everything OK? ...I look at sharp cap Log, I don't see an entry that tells me anything about Flats or Darks ...good or bad ...or anything.

It would be nice to have a simple indicator that Flats/Darks/Bias are good to go ...is there such a thing that I am missing??
Thanks,
John
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I know flats / darks are completed ...and correctly / no errors

Post by admin »

Hi John,

now I don't think you're missing something here – this isn't something I'd really considered.

If you are taking a flat frame then you can probably tell by the fact that the default behaviour is to start using the flat frame immediately after it's been captured, so if you come back and find that flat frame correction is turned on in the controls then everything worked as planned.

If you are taking a dark frame then the dark frame would have been safe to the darks library that SharpCap builds up – pressing the browse button on the dark correction control will browse straightaway to the correct folder in the darks library where you should see your recently captured dark frame.

Sorry that the only way to do this as a bit indirect.

Cheers, Robin
darkseadiver

Re: How do I know flats / darks are completed ...and correctly / no errors

Post by darkseadiver »

Ok, Understood, I think everything is working correctly but I was looking for a way confirm. I'll check the browse button.
Thank you for the prompt reply Robin!
Regards, John