Livestack alignment settings

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
clouzot

Re: Livestack alignment settings

Post by clouzot »

Ddaniel84 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:08 pm Can you confirm that you are speaking about Gain parameter in main menu, or is it the one inside the Live stacking sub menu? It xist somewhere a "digital gain".
I was indeed referring to the "Digital Gain" setting found in the LiveStack's Alignment tab. Same for the "Black level" setting, this is the one under the Alignment tab.

These are the parameters that Sharpcap's star detection algorithm will use: as far as I understand, it takes the input image from the camera, thresholds it using the above "black level" (essentially trying to remove the sky background in doing so), applies the "digital gain", then tries to detect the stars with that pre-processed image. Maybe the Digital Gain comes first, then the threshold, I don't know...
Ddaniel84

Re: Livestack alignment settings

Post by Ddaniel84 »

Thanks Clouzot
That's OK. I'm kooking forward to try that.
Thanks again
Dominique
From France (84)
Skyvision T250 Newton on CGX with PrimaLuce Sesto Senso motor focus - ZWO motor filter wheel
C8 XLT Evolution with Celestron Motor Focus
ZWO ASI 2600 MC pro - ZWO ASI 224 MCS
CPWI -PHD2 - Sharpcap - Siril - Stellarium - NINA