QHY5V Camera

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Mac1948

QHY5V Camera

Post by Mac1948 »

Hi
I have a QHY5V camera that I want to use with sharp cap I have downloaded the drivers from QHY site but they don't seem to work, in the dropdown list I have the following QHYCCD Camera WDM, QHY camera (Native WDM), QHY5 Native WDM , which of these should work as the camera does not seem to be recognised.
Would appreciate any help anyone can give.

George
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY5V Camera

Post by admin »

Hi, I believe that the qhy5v is an older model of qhy camera that is not supported by the qhy sdk that Sharpcap uses, so the only options to use it would be via a directshow (wdm) driver. I don't have this camera so I can't advise on which drivers to use but you might find an answer on the qhy forums if no one here has any more advice.

Cheers

Robin
felipesg

Re: QHY5V Camera

Post by felipesg »

Hi,

I purchased one of those little nice cameras, the QHY5-II-M QHY5-II-M Mono, haven't tested yet in the field but it is recognised by SharpCap. It works with the first option showed on SharpCap (not wdm).

I think you are missing a driver, in their page there is an AutoUpdater that will show you what drivers and/or programs are missing .

I will check when I got home and post Back, but I can confirm the camera works fine with SharpCap

Regards