Slowing Down Cooling

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
RMSQueenMary

Slowing Down Cooling

Post by RMSQueenMary »

I have an ASI294mc Pro and I see some weird artifact at the center when I set the cooling at -20. Now, when I set it to -5, I do not see it. When I set the cooling on SharpCap, the camera cools fast, which likely causes condensation and dew to build up. I do not have that problem in the winter. Is there a way in SharpCap to make the camera cool down slowly, so it is less likely have condensation?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Slowing Down Cooling

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is no option to do this in the current version of SharpCap, but the sequencing tool that is going to be in SharpCap 3.3 will have the ability to do this. I'm hoping to get a very early prerelease version of SharpCap 3.3 out for alpha testing within the next week or two.

Cheers, Robin
RMSQueenMary

Re: Slowing Down Cooling

Post by RMSQueenMary »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:38 pm Hi,

there is no option to do this in the current version of SharpCap, but the sequencing tool that is going to be in SharpCap 3.3 will have the ability to do this. I'm hoping to get a very early prerelease version of SharpCap 3.3 out for alpha testing within the next week or two.

Cheers, Robin
I see. I will just have to manually cool it slowly. I will await for SharpCap 3.3.