Trouble with IMG 132E

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Alan Berkowitz

Trouble with IMG 132E

Post by Alan Berkowitz »

I had a Windows 10 operating system failure and am setting up Sharp Cap 3.2 and my IMG planetary camera on another computer. I had used the camera successfully many times in the past. Under scan for cameras I am able to select the IMG 132E but I am unable to capture even a test image as no frames were captured after I start the capture and stop it. I had no trouble on the older laptop but am unable to capture. I have the latest drivers as well and am lost as to how to problem solve this. Any feedback would be helpful. thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with IMG 132E

Post by admin »

Hi,

There have been a lot of software updates from qhy over the last couple of years that have gone into SharpCap updates. These have fixed a number of bugs and added support new models of camera, but have also sometimes broken support for older models like your camera. I wonder if you were perhaps using an older version of SharpCap before your computer failed and have now installed a more up-to-date version of SharpCap which has brought in these qhy software updates that may be causing the problem.

It may be worth going to the SharpCap download page and trying some different (older) versions of SharpCap to see if they work any better with your camera. There are probably nearly a hundred different versions of SharpCap 3.2 available as well as older installers for SharpCap 3.1 and 3.0.

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Also if you backed up any of the SharpCap save folders the default behavior is to save a text file along with the image file. If you have access to this file you'll be able to see which version of SharpCap you were using.

-Chris
Alan Berkowitz

Post by Alan Berkowitz »

Sharp cap 3.1...thx!!
Alan Berkowitz

Post by Alan Berkowitz »

The IMG 132E works on 3.1 but I get a message to adjust the USB traffic control to optimize the speed of the camera. I can find no such control in the program. Where may I find it? Thanks
Simon_M

Post by Simon_M »

It's on the RHS just below where you setup the exposure. The setting is not obvious e.g. 0 to a value like 80. Lower values mean not stopping uSB traffic so you may get a higher frame rate.

I also have a QHY camera. It has stopped sending pictures at times. I found it better to disconnect the camera in the software before trying something new e.g. using the built in QHYYCCD.dll and then ASCOM.Latest SharpCap doesn't seem to give me a problem.

I have the QHY camera on an always on USB3 port. If it does hang, then it's inside the camera. Unless you unplug the camera it will not reset itself e.g. rebooting the laptop doesn't restart the camera on an always on USB3. If I use my other USB port it behaves normally e.g. restart the laptop and the camera will get the power cycled. It just shows that the cameras are also little computers - they can crash like anything else.

Simon
Alan Berkowitz

Post by Alan Berkowitz »

Thx
rico1

Post by rico1 »

Hi - I recently bought a second hand IMG132E but the seller did not have the driver disk (I didn't think to ask before buying) :o

Could anyone post a link to an active source for this driver, as QHY does not post it on the webpage any longer?

Yours in hope ..

Tks

R
rico1

Post by rico1 »

OOPS My Bad .. Following my post yesterday I revisited the QHY site and found the driver. SharpCap3.1 works fine with this now!