ASI294mc Pro and SharpCap Pro

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
BentH

ASI294mc Pro and SharpCap Pro

Post by BentH »

I have just bought ASI294mc Pro and want to use it with SharpCap Pro.
I want to use fileformat Fits or TIFF. Is there anything I skal do with respect to debayering before I process the pictures in for instance PS or PI??
Bent
admin
Site Admin

Re: ASI294mc Pro and SharpCap Pro

Post by admin »

Hi,

You do need to debayering the images at some point in your processing. Pixinsight should be able to do this for you (it has a debayering tool buried somewhere in the menus). Other astronomical processing software can also do this task. I'm not sure if it's possible to do it in photoshop. Another possibility is to use PIPP which has useful debayering functionality – you can then process the debayered images in the application of your choice.

Cheers, Robin
umasscrew39

Re: ASI294mc Pro and SharpCap Pro

Post by umasscrew39 »

I use PI along with SharpCap. Here is my workflow but you can obviously modify it.

PixInsight
• Blink Tool
• Image Calibration (add master dark and master flat)
• Cosmic Correction (optional)
Debayer.....to just debayer, go to PROCESS>ALL PROCESSES>DEBAYER (then just add your files and select a directory to place them in)
• Star Alignment (use subframe selector script)
• Image Integration
• Post-process:
o Dynamic Crop
o ABE
o Color Calibration
o TGV Noise Reduction
o Image Sharp Mask (Range Selection)
o Curves Transformation
• Save as a 16-bit TIFF

There are several great videos to watch as well. Just search Debayer with PixInsight and the videos will come up.