How to image flip (vertical/horizontal axis)?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
MGrehov

How to image flip (vertical/horizontal axis)?

Post by MGrehov »

I have first version camera QHY-5. But image from this camera for some reason, it 's flipped from the right to the left. Orientation top/bottom reliable. I don 't know why, but the QGVideo brand program is the same. But there is an option to flip the image vertically/horizontally. In the manual to SharpCap did not find such an option in "camera control" or in "image control." Please tell me where to find this? If this is not the case, please add SharpCam to the next version.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to image flip (vertical/horizontal axis)?

Post by admin »

Hi,

The option to flip the image is only available on certain brands of camera – it relies on the camera manufacturer making that functionality available. For instance ZWO make that functionality available at all times, Altair make it available in RGB and monochrome modes (but not in raw modes) and qhy do not have support for flipping the image.

Sorry about that, Robin
MGrehov

Post by MGrehov »

How do they not have it? QHYs have such a feature, but in the original QGVideo program delivered with the original camera. The SharpCap program on the idea replaces it and can shoot frames and videos itself. Since this feature exists in the original program, there is no problem in creating and making this feature in the SharpCap program. What are the difficulties of changing pixel coordinates symmetrically? This does not apply to the camera, its drivers or electronics. This applies to the image output program.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I suspect that's a feature of the QGVideo application. SharpCap doesn't have that feature in the application – it only makes it available if the camera manufacturers have decided to make it part of their software SDK. I do keep track of requests for added features, so I will bear this morning mind for a future version of SharpCap.

Cheers, Robin