Trouble using Sensor Analysis

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
astro16

Trouble using Sensor Analysis

Post by astro16 »

Looks easy on the You Tube video, but I can not get it to proceed. I have an error message that the selected area is too small and I can not do anything about as the area selection box does not appear. I have tried several things but end up in the same place.

I would appreciate some help

Running a ZWO ASI294MC and Sharpcap 3.2Pro

Ed
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble using Sensor Analysis

Post by admin »

Hi,

The selection area box should be a red rectangle overlaid on part of the image. If you have zoomed in on the image then it is possible that the rectangle is in a part that is currently offscreen and so would not be visible – to avoid this problem zoom back out until the whole image is visible. Another possibility is that the rectangle could be rather small and difficult spot. In recent versions of SharpCap (within the last month or so) I added two red arrows that point to the corners of the rectangle to highlight it if it size falls below a certain number of pixels high/wide. If you still aren't seeing the selection rectangle and you aren't seeing the arrows either then it may be worth updating to the very latest version of SharpCap from the downloads page.

Cheers, Robin