# of darks unable to change

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
Chance

# of darks unable to change

Post by Chance »

Hello all, Thanks for your help in advance, I know this should be easy but I cannot change the number of dark frames that I want to take. It has settled on 21 frames. When I take flats I can adjust the number but not the darks and it also cuts off the bottom of the box, see attachment. I cannot resize the window either. I know its something simple but I can't figure it out. I am using version 3.2.6269 on windows.
Attachments
dark frames.PNG
dark frames.PNG (265.91 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Skywatcher Esprit 100 super APO,Eq 6-R Mount, ZWO ASI294Mc Pro cooled OSC, triad quad filter, Exploradome, Bortle 5 light dome in the middle of nowhere :cry: Sharpcap, Photoshop trying Pixinsight but wow its a lot
admin
Site Admin

Re: # of darks unable to change

Post by admin »

Hi,

It's probably to do with the scaling settings in the Windows display settings – if you have made the fonts larger maybe that's why they're taking more space and some bits are missing. Changing those back to the defaults will properly get you working for now and I will look into trying to work out why the whole window doesn't resize properly.

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Also If you're using remote desktop or similar to reach a PC that is running SharpCap your origin PC resolution may be fine but the remote computer's resolution may be scaled. I've struggled with this in the past. Solution is trying different resolutions in your remote software client until you find something that works.

-Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As an update, I tried to make this happen by tweaking all the scaling settings in Windows 10 and couldn't get it to break – I think I tried all the possible combinations, but I didn't come up with the idea of mixing in Remote Desktop software as well. Anyway, if this is still a problem, please let us know about your display configuration – maybe that will help us work out what is going on.

Cheers, Robin
Chance

Post by Chance »

Robin, thanks for the answer. I will try that tonight to see if that fixes it. It’s not a remote pc I just have my laptop hooked to the scope but it is probably the first response that would be correct, my eyes are getting older so I may have at one time increased the font size and forgot. I will let you know. Thanks all, clear skies.
Skywatcher Esprit 100 super APO,Eq 6-R Mount, ZWO ASI294Mc Pro cooled OSC, triad quad filter, Exploradome, Bortle 5 light dome in the middle of nowhere :cry: Sharpcap, Photoshop trying Pixinsight but wow its a lot