Camera Could Not Be Started...

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
dmonaghan

Camera Could Not Be Started...

Post by dmonaghan »

Last night when trying to connect to SharpCap I received the following error message; "Camera could not be started. The Parameter is incorrect."

No other explanations provided. The camera I am using is the Revolution Imager 2. I have connected several times already, so I know it can work. In fact, it connected briefly in this attempt, then disconnected and could not be reestablished.

Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this problem. Is it a camera setting or SharpCap setting that needs to be adjusted? If so, what adjustment?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera Could Not Be Started...

Post by admin »

The fact that it has been working and now isn't suggests that some of the below might be enough to kick it back into operation

* Get the latest version of SharpCap if you haven't already.
* Close SharpCap and re-open it.
* Unplug device and reconnect
* reboot the PC

If that doesn't work then you will need to grab a copy of the SharpCap log (Help menu, then Show Log) after the problem has happened and share it here.

I have had reports that SharpCap 2.9 and earlier didn't play nicely with the video grabber included in the revolution imager package - the image would look OK on the screen, but you would get 1 frame only in any saved capture files. I believe this should be fixed in SharpCap 2.10 as the new version sidesteps completely the area where the issue occurred. The only problem is that I don't have the frame grabber in question so I can't be 100% sure.

cheers,

Robin
dmonaghan

Post by dmonaghan »

I appreciate your quick response. I already did all the steps you mentioned. I will try again later this week when the clouds clear from Southern CA. If I get the same error, I'll send the log data. When does SharpCap Version 2.10 get released?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My current plan is to aim for a release version of 2.10 sometime around the beginning of March, with a couple more beta builds along the way before then.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Obviously my brain was not in gear when I posted the above about the beginning of March... I was trying to decide whether to say the end of March or the beginning of April and ended up with neither! :(

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robin

End of April. Well that is a relief ;)

Dave
moonjet

Post by moonjet »

If you are using the USB extension cable, try removing it and plug grabber directly into PC.