How do I automate a Lunar mosaic with SC?

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
rudi

How do I automate a Lunar mosaic with SC?

Post by rudi »

I have a SharpCap Pro license and are wondering if there is a way to automate Lunar mosaic with SharpCap?

My camera is a ASI1600MM pro, mount Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro, connected to PC with ASCOM/EQMOD.
I usually use Cartes du Ciel to control my mount.

If this feature does not exist, are there any plans for developing that?

PS:
I am extremely pleased with SharpCap, user interface very intuitive and the Polar Align feature is superb!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I automate a Lunar mosaic with SC?

Post by admin »

Hi,

There is no built-in functionality to perform mosaic imaging, however SharpCap does have an inbuilt python based programming language that allows you to put together complex sets of actions that can then be automatically carried out. If you have some basic programming skills you may find this an interesting approach – you will find lots of discussion of how to use python scripting in the scripting sub forum.

Hope this helps, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

I've used EQMOSAIC in conjunction with SharpCap with good results. This application is independent of EQMOD. It will work with EQMOD and ASCOM supported mounts. Can confirm it works with iOptron mounts.

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/mosaic/

-Chris
Mstraka606

Post by Mstraka606 »

Robin this would be an amazing addition to SC and frankly one creature for which I would be happy to pay an additional license fee.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

interesting... I was thinking the other day about what could be in a 'Planetary/Lunar/Solar Sequence Planner' and the two things that immediately came to mind were capturing videos with different filters and mosaic movements.

Now, personally, I don't have the patience for doing mosaics, so it would be interesting to know what level of assistance is needed - I must look into that.

cheers,

Robin
Mstraka606

Post by Mstraka606 »

Thanks for your open-mindedness Robin. I do solar imaging and the compromise of resolution vs full sphere visualization always leads to … Do a mosaic! I don’t have the patience to do it manually (and little interest in learning a whole new acquiring platform) therefore I haven’t done it yet. 👍🏼
Mstraka606

Post by Mstraka606 »

Hi Robin, just coming back to this topic. Mosaics for solar and lunar imaging would be a great addition to SC. I’d personally pay extra for it.
Attachments
08A42B65-517D-4FD4-92D2-1DBC6A8559D0.jpeg
08A42B65-517D-4FD4-92D2-1DBC6A8559D0.jpeg (214.83 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, this is till on the TODO list - I would like to have some sort of version available this year. I am working on more basic aspects of a future planetary imaging sequencing tool like autoexposure at the moment.

Nice solar image too!

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

A great solar image - worth posting in the gallery. Any details on capture/processing welcome.

Dave
donstim

Post by donstim »

An automated (or at least helper) tool for doing deep sky object mosaics would be great, too!