Fits default

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
astrowiki

Fits default

Post by astrowiki »

I was curious to know if you can set the file format setting to Fits and not have to do it every time you start up Sharpcap. I went into settings and set the "Preferred still format" to Fits but I still have to set it from Ser to Fits at startup.

Thanks for your input.
Kip
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fits default

Post by admin »

Hi,

Try adjusting the settings as shown below – then once you set it correctly once it should reload every time you return to the same camera.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.62 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
Hope this helps, Robin
astrowiki

Post by astrowiki »

Thanks for your help. I see it says "for supported cameras". Perhaps the Atik titan really isn't supported in that way. I can set it manually. Not a big deal really. I was just curious.
Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Actually, I think the wording there about supported cameras should be deleted – that dates back to the time a few versions back where SharpCap could only save to AVI if you are using a webcam. I think it works correctly for all cameras now. The auto output format option switches between your preferred video format (for exposures of less than five seconds) and your preferred still format (for longer exposures).

Cheers, Robin
astrowiki

Post by astrowiki »

Ah, I see. Didn't know it would automatically switch when exposure is increased beyond 5 seconds. Great.
Thanks again
Robin.