horizontal mirror

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
keith123

horizontal mirror

Post by keith123 »

Hi all,

just started to use sharpcap again for filming 8 mm filmframes

i did succeed to mount a USB-microscope in my Eumig 501d projector (the thin Andonstar USB-microscope :-) ) but once capturing it gives me mirrored frames :cry:

HOW? do i mirror them back to reality?

seems to deal witha stream or so while capturing, nevertheless the mirror option stays gray (not applicable)

(help!)

i did start with one of the lowest versions, 1.5.344 working my way up to 2.5.1510 right now
Last edited by keith123 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: horizontal mirror

Post by admin »

Probably easiest just to fix it after capturing - something like

https://www.vlchelp.com/rotating-video- ... ia-player/

(can flip as well as rotate)

Robin
keith123

Post by keith123 »

Hi Robin thanks :) ,

VLC i see, i know VLC, its great, however, the film needs to be sent by e-mail or so to family, relatives etc. and just some of em still don't know VLC, let alone how to get VLC to mirror films...

so it has to be done while capturing and i know its possible for i did it before a year or so before :-)

wel, let me get to the next version (2.6.1658)

regards,

keith, holland
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm,

Unless you are trying to send it live I was thinking that you could do the processing in VLC after capturing and re-save to a new file then send that.

SharpCap itself doesn't have a mirror function, so the function must be coming from the camera driver, which means that you are unlikely to see different results by changing SharpCap versions I'm afraid.

Robin
keith123

Post by keith123 »

oh ok Robin,

so it seems the problem just was due to my camera driver (just used this nice and former camera of mine: Lenco dc-5105

Image as for the moment its my only cam able to be controlled by PC :-) )

will try to use VLC instead... let u know!

(still wondering why it let me mirror frames while recording the very first time, must have been another application than Sharpcap)

regards,

keith, holland