histogram/brain

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
brrttpaul

histogram/brain

Post by brrttpaul »

wonder if anyone can help, I have done the sensor analysis and I am now trying to use the brain function without success, I put in min exp and maimum time etc and click calculate but nothing happens, it dont freeze or anything just dont seem to be doing anything, I have also noticed that my histogram will freeze on an image even though I have changed the gain or exp length, and for no apparent reason when I fire up sharpcap sometimes it will say it encountered an error and close. Has there been a windows update or anything that could have caused this? any advice would be helpfull.
Thx
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Re: histogram/brain

Post by admin »

Hi,

Firstly, in order for the brain to give you suggestions you either have to let it measure the sky brightness or choose a sky brightness value from the drop down. Measuring the sky brightness might need to take quite long exposures, so you have to be patient.

For the other problem, it sounds like you may be having intermittent communication issues with your camera hardware. Often these are result of USB cabling issues or USB settings. Have a look through the suggestions in this post –viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556 – to see if any of them help resolve the stability issue.

Cheers, Robin
brrttpaul

Re: histogram/brain

Post by brrttpaul »

thx robin for the very quick response I will try your suggestions